Thursday, January 16, 2014

Beautiful things.....

Happy Thursday to our wonderful friends out in the world.  Day 4 of rebooting my body and I'm still with it....miracles do happen.  Not saying that I don't stick with things however when it comes to running around, feeding the kids/family and of course all the wonderful snack food that we have in our pantry, it's sometimes hard not to just have 1!  Come on..I'm sure if your "human" you can relate to saying "I'll only have 1...or just 1 more won't hurt."
I have been a clean mean green eating machine for the last 4 days and I feel really good.  I'm not hungry, I'm not straying off my 7 day reboot, I'm drinking more water than I know what to do with and the bathroom has become my best friend (TMI) sorry.    I really hope your staying with this or at least trying to incorporate more greens into your daily lives!   Great article I read this morning that you may find interesting:

http://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-6172/How-to-Heal-Your-Gut-and-Heal-Yourself.html



On a different note,  received a FB message from a dear friend who had a baby recently.  She's been reading our posts, blogs and just seeing how active Lindsay and I have been with our little ones.   She asked the question, "Where did you meet all your mommy friends and where did you find the activities to do with your little ones. I feel lonely!"  WOW where do we even begin.  Well we were in my friends shoes 2 1/2 years ago wondering how we were going to make it through everyday without a breakdown.  Are my kids learning and progressing?  How do I find friends?  Should I do this or should I do that?  Are other moms going through this too?  I'm sure you all have had thought about the same questions as new moms.  Well it seems that being a new mom is very much like moving to a new town.....you tend to find a community all in it's own and it's like starting over.

We used to research and research and research things to do with our baby's, and now things to do with our toddlers and let me tell you Pinterest is our BFF!  LOL  We wanted to provide a list of activities that we did with our little ones which helped build the friendships, support and kids interaction.  Even though this list is from Las Vegas, most of the activities that we did are nationwide.  Ok here it goes:


  • City Lights Music Together (The best program hands down!!!)
  • Stroller Strides / Plums Moms Group (Fitness program for moms and their babies.  Even though we aren't in the program anymore we still believe it has helped build a network for us and that's where we met each other!!!! :)
  • Gymcats (has a FREE baby program up until they start walking...fantastic for hand / eye coordination)
  • Baby and Me swim class (so fun to see the babies blow bubbles and fun in the H2O)
  • Dancing with Miss Jenny - Barbara Greenspun Women's Center (lots of free classes, lactation consultants etc...great program)
  • Dance Zone (age 2 and above)
If your a mom and feeling in a rut or not sure what types of things to do with your children...it's ok your not alone.  It's a learning process for every new mom and this is what has worked for us!  If you have questions, please post....we want to hear from you!

Kirsten & Lindsay signing off "CLICK"


No comments:

Post a Comment